Saturday 5 September 2015

...And For My First Trick...





…….And For My First Trick: Introductions and Aspirations

“I Want to Live Forever” 

I don’t being really believe in immortality but I’m going to have a damn good go at achieving it…..even if it kills me.  Deep down I have always been a believer in looking after yourself; not eating what you want on demand and getting plenty of fresh air and exercise just like our mothers and grandmothers taught us.  At the age of 20 I was, what us Yorkshire folk would term, in fine fettle. I walked everywhere, didn’t eat too much junk and became a vegetarian . (Let’s face it; I was a student so couldn’t afford the finer things in life.)

Having children changed all this for me.  My children became my sole focus. (I gave up work to devote 100% of my time to them.  I have no regrets – that just isn’t my style.  I loved being a full-time mum and my children have flourished. Now teenagers I find myself hauled out of my job as a mum, middle-aged with a waist thickening by the minute. My exercise regime leaves a lot to be desired, my diet is iffy and my ‘joie de vivre’ has become languid.  It’s time to take action.

So, what next? I have a plan.  A plan to reclaim my waist (or as much of it as I can find), stop stuffing my face, save up for an exercise bike (Norman Tebbit would be so proud) and cycle may way into a healthier way of life. That’s it. That’s my plan. And I’m not even waiting for Jan 1st to start it. I’m doing it right now. (Gulp. Now having second thoughts. Can I do this?) This is my first personal blog in a series relaying my trials and tribulations on my road to a better way of living. (Don’t worry, in between there’ll be lots of other stuff I’ll be talking about during my own vain attempt to sound interesting and opinionated.)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.